Holy Trinity/Tampa Wins Inaugural Multicultural Award
Here's what we did...
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is a congregation located in Tampa, FL near MacDill Air Force Base. HTLC is a congregation that reflects all the beauty of God’s people. Holy Trinity Lutheran School is a multicultural ministry of HTLC. Founded in 1958, HTLS enrolls students in preschool (late twos, PK3, VPK 4) and Kindergarten-5th Grade. The school offers an enriching and rewarding academic education in a loving and safe Christian environment. We are committed to the moral, spiritual, intellectual, physical and creative enrichment of our students. Additionally, our students possess diverse academic interests and abilities and ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, which we feel are important elements of a well rounded educational experience. This school experience is accessible and affordable for all families in Tampa, FL.
…To Learn about the People of Our Community
- Recognize that God has entrusted us with people to reach in HTLS.
- Spend time getting to know the families of HTLS.
- Establish a relationship of trust with HTLS families.
- Listen for specific opportunities to serve HTLS families.
…To Educate and Prepare Ourselves to Receive New People Groups in Our Church and School
- Recognize that everyone at HTLS needs a place to belong in the church.
- Make Christ-centered education a priority for HTLS students.
- Create opportunities for HTLS families to get to know others in the church community and have fun together.
- Watch the Holy Spirit gather and form a new community in Christ through worship and fellowship.
…To Maintain Our Ministry to the New People Group(s)
- Continue to recognize that God has entrusted us with the families of HTLS.
- Regularly pray for the needs of the HTLS families.
- Continue to make yearlong strategic plans to reach HTLS families, so that people have the opportunity to find a place at HTLC.
- Celebrate the work of God in the congregation as HTLS families are baptized and taught.